Wednesday, September 14, 2011

This is the life

I don't know how I do this to myself.  I wonder how many other people do this to themselves.  Who needs someone else putting pressure on you when you can do it to yourself to perfection.  Yep, that's right I've stressed myself out again folks over something that is completely, for lack of a better word, dumb. 

Recipes.  What recipe will I make for a healthier meal?  What recipe will I want to get the ingredients for from Whole Foods?  Or what do I want to buy from Whole Foods since I can't always go and I have a limited budget to shop with?  Or what will Paul and James both like and not make for a wasted trip and wasted money, and wasted time making a yuk recipe?  And, what kinda new health recipe can I make that will not upset James' developing belly and digestive system? 

Yep, questions that run through my head over and over and over again until I make really rash decisions that end up being wrong because I was sooo busy trying to find the perfect answer to all the above questions.  People probably wonder sometimes how I can get lost mid sentence and just stare into space only to snap out of it not knowing what I was talking about before.  It's because I sometimes put so much pressure on myself that I'm constantly thinking about all these tiny little details.  This is also why I have a real hard time going to sleep at night.  just sayin'

So, back to the question at hand.  If I had only one healthy recipe to prepare, what should that be?  Now, keep in mind that this will not be the one and only new recipe, but it's one new recipe at a time. 

p.s. if I down a bottle of water right now to up my water drinking quota for the day, is that defeating the purpose?  I am drinking water for pity sake.

p.s.s.  I forgot that I wanted to hook you up with some linky links.

Food Wishes - Chef John is awesome at breaking down recipes and has a You Tube Channel with really awesome vids.  The rim shots are high with this one.  You'll have to watch to understand. 

Aarti Party - I lurv to read her blog.  I stole the idea of the p.s. from her.  I also love her recipes, especially her Chicken Tikka Masala (the one shown in her curry vids, you have to sit through the sauce ad before getting to the actual vid).  Here is her Food Network page

And lastly allrecipes - I've found soo many great recipes on this site.  I really like that it's just a big ol' community database of recipes.  You too could add your own family fav recipes to share with the entire world.  Hmm...maybe one day I'll do that.  I must say I have a really great chili recipe. 

p.s.s.s I don't think my spell check is working or at least it's not showing misspelled words and I can't believe that I made it through an entire post with not one misspelled word.  Let's give this a try.  Bumknukle.  It's just not working.  I'm pretty sure that "bumknukle" is not a word. 


.

No comments:

Post a Comment